Thursday, August 2, 2012

Collection Update-N1


Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon / 美少女戦士セーラームーン  by Takeuchi Naoko- vol 1, vol 2, vol 3, vol 4, vol 5 in English.This is actually the Shinsoban version (new version) of the manga. When I saw them at first online I thought that they are a little pricy - 11$ (about 17 lv) - so I didn't think of buying them at all. However, when I saw them in the bookstore I noticed that they are bigger than the usual volume of manga and they had same coloured pages.  So I went back home and made a little research and it seems that they have gone over the whole manga and remade some of the panels and added new pictures in some of the pages and it really looks great. The Shinsoban version is 12 volumes, instead the original 18 volumes, which means, as I said, that every new volume is about 80 pages bigger than before. So I decided that they are worth and price and went to buy them. I actually sold my old volume 18 to get the new volume 5, because the one I had was mirrored (it was in western reading style), the names of the main characters were changed (Usagi was named Serena, Mamoru was named Darien, Chibiusa was named Rini etc.) and the printing wasn't very good, because some of the shades were dulled or missing. As for the Shinsouban, I have to say that it's a really high quality printing and I find it to be much better than before. 

No comments:

Post a Comment